Sep 18, 2013

A Post, Hurray!

Hello all!!!

I know, I know, I am FINALLY posting something (*cheers in the background)! I really don't have much to say, as we don't really have much time around here at Blugrass Farms to do fun stuff, and I'm really just writing this because I need a break from editing my English essay.... but enough complaining!

Our chickens are still doing well, and right now they are probably just snuggling up for bed. This is where I would have inserted some pictures of the girls but after browsing through my picture library I have now realized I don't really have any pictures of them. I'll take some pictures and include them in my next post, but for now you can imagine pictures below of some GORGEOUS chickens (one of them who has lost her tail feathers (we don't know how that happened (Ms. Norris probably attacked her))).

This summer my dad planted 7 beautiful tomato plants in out tomato patch. They were doing wonderfully until one day he went down and they weren't there! They had been eaten to the ground, stem and all! We still don't know how it happened (there were no signs of a break in) but if you have a hypotheses we would be happy to hear them (you can comment below if you would like). Because this was such a tragic event, it was not documented as it would have just deepened the wound.

On a lighter note, we recently purchased the cookbook Tartine Bread (as per Kits suggestion) and have baked two batches of bread. Both were more or less successful, though (as mentioned above) we don't have much time on our hands (much less a whole day without interruption!), so we had to bring the bread with us to dinner to bake it. Luckily our hosts (my grandparents) were more than happy to let us use their oven in return for freshly baked bread. Below are pictures of our first batch of bread.




Here are a few more pictures documenting this summer.

From our trip to Lake Powell:




From our trip to Oregon:



 
 
From Fig's series "Get Off My Damn Pillow":


 


 
 
That's all for now, but I'll post again if anything exciting happens!

Love from,

Toni, Marc, Cleo, Ezra, Fig, Ollie, Bella, Luna, Mrs. Norris, and Tonx.

(written by Cleo with help from Fig*)

*she says hi to her friend Asterix over at .5 Farms!

No comments:

Post a Comment